Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Only 10 Days Until The First Race Of 2011 At Saratoga

Its that time of year again!!  Only 10 days until Saratoga opens for horse racing.  First post @ 1:00 July 22nd.  This will be my 7th year traveling to the Adirondacks to experience the carnival like atmosphere that is Saratoga. 

I have always stayed at the Brunswick Bed and Breakfast (http://www.brunswickbb.com/) right across the street from the main track. Kirk Nicholes is the owner and does an amazing job of looking out for his guests.  The Inn's front porch is a perfect place to enjoy an "early evening adult beverage" while watching the race crowds clear.  Excellent people watching location. 

Mornings come early for me as I always attend the morning workouts.  The Brunswick's location allows me to walk to the track enjoying the cool early morning mountain air.  I always purchase a coffee under the stands, walk up to the boxes behind the clocker and watch the horses go through their routines.

Then its back to the porch to enjoy a great breakfast courtesy of Kirk.  After a quick shower its off to an afternoon of races.  Even if your not a fan the track is beautiful.  Banjo's playing, lots of food, picnic tables all contribute to a carnival like experience.

After racing it back to the porch for adult beverages.  I can usually be seen later in the evening at the bar next to the Brunswick called the Stillwater.  Great food and great drinks!!  Sometimes I'll walk downtown, about a mile away and land at the Parting Glass.  The Parting Glass is known for a meeting place for jockeys, exercise riders and trainers.

Next day I start all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment